I primarily advise and counsel business owners and individuals facing complex financial challenges. I handle bankruptcy cases under all chapters of the bankruptcy code as well as non-bankruptcy workouts and related litigation. I also advise clients on asset protection issues, commercial litigation strategies and general business law matters.
Prior to co-founding Spiro & Browne, PLC ("S&B") with David G. Browne, I practiced for over 25 years with two of Richmond's premier law firms, Hirschler Fleischer, P.C. and Cantor Arkema (now "Cantor Stoneburner").
S&B's main practice areas are bankruptcy (personal, business & creditors' rights) and commercial litigation. Additionally, S&B regularly serves as local counsel to outside firms in federal, state and bankruptcy courts and represents clients in medical provider underpayment cases. S&B provides big firm legal expertise with all the advantages of small firm service, attention and fee structures.
* Voted by peers to the "Top 100 Lawyers" in Virginia in Virginia Super Lawyers, 2014 & 2015
* Selected to "Best Lawyers in America", 2013, 2014 & 2015
* "AV" peer rating in Martindale-Hubbell since 2008 (highest available for skill and ethics)
* Certified as a business bankruptcy specialist by the American Board of Certification since 2004
* Voted to Virginia Business Magazine's "Legal Elite" each year since 2006
Hirschler Fleischer, PC
Jan. 1, 2009 -
Jan. 1, 2015
Cantor Arkema, PC
Jan. 1, 1987 -
Jan. 1, 2009
University of Virginia School of Law
JD - Juris Doctor
University of Virginia
BA - Bachelor of Arts
This is a community generated profile.